cowboy

Given your life expectancy of the washer, it could be worth it. However I
also experienced the transmission seize up problem once, that was
mentioned by another responder. (What's that burning smell wafting
through the house? Oh it's the belt slipping on the seized transmission!)
Never happened again, but who knows how long the transmission will last
now.

It's not leaking that much. Maybe I'll just get a pan to put under the
washer and see what happens. Decisions, decisions.

Ken

yikes, that is a pretty bad repair record for a washer that is apparently
not at the end of its service life

ever thought about getting a whirlpool (aka kitchen aid, roper) I have three
of them, all different vintages and have not had any troubles.

and when I eventually do have a problem with them, the common issues are
cheap and easy for a DIY

just an idea if you decide to replace it!