Art

I had a Maytag bought new in around 1987. Maybe it is supposed to be
reliable but I thought it sucked and sold it. Agitation was weak and the
rinse cycle was so short I really didn't think it had time to mix the
clothes around in the clean water to get the soap out. I could design a
reliable washing machine too if the agitator just sat there and did nothing.

"3rd eye" wrote in message
news
On 29 Jun 2005 11:22:43 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

snipped

If it is a Depenable Care style washer, definetly worth the repair as
this washer will often go 12-15 years easily....none of the new ones
will likely last that long.

Really?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff, I have a Maytag washing machine that I bought used about 25
years ago. It's a model A-206. It's pretty much a plain jane machine
but it is a workhorse. I little noisy perhaps but still works like a
champ. It looks like something from the 60's.

I've never had a problem with it in that 25 years except losing a clip
that held the front panel on. Not being able to find the right clip
locally, I used sheet metal screws to hold it together.

Are you saying the newer ones will never last as well as the old
models?
Dumb question I suppose.

The little woman has mentioned a time or two that she'd like a new
one. It's not too stylish looking.

I have a hard time with that. It's kind of a sentimental thing.
I kid you not, I paid FIFTEEN dollars for it.

Thoughts?