Appliance Repair Aid

KenM wrote:
Well thanks Jeff, the web site is very informative - I didn't know about it.

Yes, it is a Dependable Care model. Looks like the parts are about $115.
If I attempt it myself, I would expect to triple your work hours, so it
could take 2-4 hours. (The price of inexperience!) Or pay an appliance
repair guy maybe $100+ for labor.

Given your life expectancy of the washer, it could be worth it. However I
also experienced the transmission seize up problem once, that was mentioned
by another responder. (What's that burning smell wafting through the house?
Oh it's the belt slipping on the seized transmission!) Never happened
again, but who knows how long the transmission will last now.

It's not leaking that much. Maybe I'll just get a pan to put under the
washer and see what happens. Decisions, decisions.

Ken

G'day,

However I
also experienced the transmission seize up problem once

Tranny has a 10 year parts warranty, and it comes with new seal
kit...likely would need a Maytag Authorized repair depot install it but
the cost to you would be labour and the tub bearing only!!
Worth thinking about!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/