Jmagerl

I had to remove 3 layers of wallpaper plus 1 layer of inner paint. All held
on with some of the most insidious glue you every saw. I bought a $50 Black
and Decker wall paper steamer. I figured even if it broke after I finished
the room it would still be worth the investment. It worked like a champ.
Saved a lot of cussing. Its got my vote. To remove the left over paste, Hot
water and a barbeque grill cleaning pad. (3M scotch brite pads also work -
the courser the better). I liked the barbeque pad because it had a handle on
it. Scrub and wash until you cant feel the glue slime and than wash once
more with TSP.

"SteveB" wrote in message
Save your money on DIF and like products. Use a paper tiger and warm
water. Spray and let sit for about ten minutes. Spray and let sit again.
The trick is to let it sit until it gets the glue wet. Then scrape
LIGHTLY or peel. The best scraper I had was an old metal spatula that had
just the right spring to it and edge.

There is NO easy way to do this. Spraying and waiting is the best.

Go over it once you're finished to get all the snot blobs of glue and
paper so your paint job will look better.

I have done three houses. Don't ask me why. But, I have found what works
best. And that is hot water and waiting.

Steve