Harry Muscle

Default Ontario Building & Plumbing Codes Simplified

I'm going to be doing some renovations in my home and would like to
make sure I do everything to code (I live in Ontario, Canada, so this
would be the Ontario Code). I'm currently reading thru the "Electrical
Code Simplified - Residental Wiring, Ontario Edition" book (it's the
yellow book ...) and it's wonderful, just what I need to rewire the
house (with the help of an electrician).

Now I'm hoping to get similiar information about the Ontario building
code ... I'm not building a house, just need the simplified version of
it ... R values, drywall thickness, stud size, etc. Is there an
"Ontario Building Code Simplified" type of book that I can purchase, if
so what's it called. If not, what's the best way to learn the basic
code to help me renovate some parts of the house up to code (preferable
without spending a couple hundred on the actual code books)

I'm also interesting in a simplified version of the Ontario plumbing
code, since I'll be moving some plumbing around in the kitchen when it
get's renovated.

Thanks,
Harry