Tom

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I know - it should be done before the carpet goes down, but in one room, I
don't have a choice at the moment. Anyone have any amazing tricks to avoid
getting paint on the carpet while painting the molding? I've already
imagined some schemes with the blue tape, but I'm open to new ideas, or to
someone else doing the job. (Teenage son says "Me?")

I've had good luck using the widest drywall mud knife I can find. I slip
that under the molding, over the carpet and paint a short section.
Important to wipe the knife off before inserting it for the next section and
not to paint too close to the either end of the blade. They also make a
long knife similar to this for wall papering that is suppose to be good for
this but I've had no luck with one of those as it doesn't stick out far
enough from the molding when inserted and paint gets all over it and then on
the carpet when re inserted. Also the mud knife has a much longer handle
making it easier to use.
Tom.