jacob

Default RIP DIY - longish rant

Kevin Chambers wrote:
However, it has struck me recently that a lot of people who post
here have an incredibly self righteous outlook, considering this is a
DIY forum. Particularly following the post on legality of electrical
wiring it was quite depressing how many of the replies took the stance
that either you "shouldn't do it without a qualification" or "you
can't legally do it without a qualification, and maybee that's OK".

I'd just get on with it if I were you and learn by your mistakes - if
your life is spared!.
I remember the first time I did some electrical wiring the back of a 4
gang switch (with 2 2way) looked as complicated as a valve radio by
the time I had finished it. When I came to switch on at the mains the
fuses went with a big bang and a burning smell. Took another 2 days to
work out why.
I'm much better at it now .

Remember the DIY battle cry; "you name it - we'll do it, and even if
we can't do it we'll still do it!"

Come to think - could make a good UK DIY T-shirt motto or DIY tattoo

cheers

Jacob