Doug Kanter

"JimL" wrote in message

I need some suggestions on how to join crown molding and door molding
and floor molding.
I don't own a fancy tool that will cut biscuits or any such thing.
But when I join sections, I'd like the joint to disappear when
painted.

Patience. Lots of patience, and a decent mitre box or powered equivalent. I
find the non-electric tool to be more useful because the saw's blade is
thinner, so you can make finer corrections. If you need to remove "a hair's
worth" of wood, it's easier. Disclaimer: I've never used a powered mitre
saw, and I'm sure there are people who can do fine surgery with them, but
not me.