Lurch

Default RIP DIY - longish rant

On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:11:18 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Andy Hall
strung together this:

The problem is that as competent as someone thinks they are at diy,
they're not always. I come across diy bodges on a day to day basis and
the people that install them can't see what they've got wrong and why
it's downright dangerous. There's a difference between telling
everyone you know what you're doing and actually knowing what you're
doing. If you don't know something, how do you know?
I'm not saying everyone is like this, just some people are a bit over
confident.

Fine, but do you think for one moment that adding legislation around
this is going to deter the bodger?

Er, no. I didn't say it would. I was merely pointing out the fact that
not everyone knows what they're doing, unfortunately a lot of the
people doing the ordering about and preaching don't either. I was
going for the general '2 sides to every coin' angle with my response.

I don't for one moment, and so what little statistical evidence that
there is for part P legislation is highly unlikely to be impacted by
this latest regulatory intrusion.

I wholeheartedly disagree with part P, for more reasons than I can fit
on this page. I do like a good rant but not on newsgroups, I get bored
of typing!

How do you fix a charging scale?

Price fixing is illegal anyway.......

And that, never thought of that one!