Gary Brady

I am thinking of building apole barn garage and thought it might be
nice to immitate my roof line of my house since the building will be
next to it. It is a 10/12 pitch.

The barn will be 32 feet. How can I come up with a ridgeboard that
length? I know I will have to somehow tie several shorter lengths
together but what is the best way to do this?

Just splice it with a short piece of the same width of lumber. If
you're worried about the splice being in the way of a rafter, put it on
with screws and then adjust it after your rafters reach that area of the
ridgeboard.

Gary Brady