RicodJour

I am thinking of building apole barn garage and thought it might be
nice to immitate my roof line of my house since the building will be
next to it. It is a 10/12 pitch.

The barn will be 32 feet. How can I come up with a ridgeboard that
length? I know I will have to somehow tie several shorter lengths
together but what is the best way to do this?

Butt the pieces together. The ridge is an alignment piece and doesn't
do any real work. Some people butt them together between the opposed
pair of rafters, others butt them in between pairs of rafters and use a
piece of blocking to tie them together.