BigWallop

Default RIP DIY - longish rant

wrote in message ...
BigWallop wrote:

wrote in message ...
Tony wrote:
[snip]

Is electrical work going the same way as gas work? Will light switches

for
example, be disappearing from B&Q cos it will needs a qualified person

to do
the job?

Gas fittings haven't disappeared so why should light fitting?

Chris Green

But there is nothing in place that says you can't carry out any DIY for

yourself. That's
why it is called Do It Yourself. The point of being able to carry out work

for others,
and profit from that work, is the coverage of the legislations. You can

still quite
happily blow yourself and your property to kingdom come with a faulty gas or

electrical
installation, just as long as you don't interfere with the property and well

being of
others around you. It's this point that gets you into trouble.

What are you rambling on about? It has absolutely nothing to do with
the question of whether electrical accessories will disappear from B&Q
as far as I can see and even less to do with my response.

.... and I *WISH* you'd limit your postings to less than 80 columns,
they are a right mess when wrapped to fit (and, yes, there is an RFC
which recommends 80 columns or less, it's not just my whim).

Chris Green

I was unaware that my columns were so exposed to being wrapped to fit. I have,
however, just checked my setting and they were indeed set incorrectly. I
installed a piece of software that could have had an influence on these
settings, but this has now been removed. I can only thank you for pointing this
out to me.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com