Bob

Default RIP DIY - longish rant

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Tony" wrote in message

BigWallop wrote:

A general question to all - I've heard that the wiring colouring is to
change but are the rules for electrical work changing to? I tried

googling
but this group has so much thread creep it was a waste of time.

Is electrical work going the same way as gas work? Will light switches

for
example, be disappearing from B&Q cos it will needs a qualified person

to do
the job?

Is there a simple clear link that explains the changes that are coming?

Tony

Or the changes that are already here, even. This should help explain:

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/electriccables.htm

I wonder if it will be possible to just sit an exam and get the certificate,
or whether you will have to go through an expensive course first...

Stupid question, I suppose!

Bob