BigWallop

Default RIP DIY - longish rant

"Tony" wrote in message ...
BigWallop wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote in message

The work carried out on a service installation by the DIYer in
their own
home isn't
perfectly done. The house is then sold on, but still has the....

A general question to all - I've heard that the wiring colouring is to
change but are the rules for electrical work changing to? I tried googling
but this group has so much thread creep it was a waste of time.

Is electrical work going the same way as gas work? Will light switches for
example, be disappearing from B&Q cos it will needs a qualified person to do
the job?

Is there a simple clear link that explains the changes that are coming?

Tony

Or the changes that are already here, even. This should help explain:

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/electriccables.htm

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com