Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 18 Jun 2005 07:46:10p, Marilyn & Bob wrote in alt.home.repair:

You need to get a remote switch that is designed for fluorescents.
These types of switches require a neutral connection at the switch. If
you don't have a neutral at the switchbox, they will not work.

The remote switch will work if you have at least one incandescent bulb
that is controlled by the switch, so if you use a mixture of
incandescent and fluorescent bulbs as suggested by Joseph Meehan, a
standard remote switch will work. This setup works because a standard
(2 wire) remote switch requires a trickle current on the circuit. That
trickle current can pass through an incandescent bulb, but not through a
CF, but since the lights in the circuit are wired in parallel, a single
incandescent bulb in the circuit will provide that trickle current.

Lastly note that CF floods are often somewhat longer than incandescent
floods and may stick out from the can.

Thanks... All good things to consider, however, I will not be using
dimmers. The bulb dimensions is something I had thought about, and I'll
need to measure the fixture to determine best bulb size.

--
Wayne Boatwright տլ

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974