Pop

Bud wrote:

Pop wrote:

?

If it does it ONCE, and you don't see an obvious reason for it,
chalk it up as an aberration. if it KEEPS tripping, then you
have a problem.

NO, you had the problem the first time, too, but chose to ignore the
possibility that a problem was there. Not a wise decision in most
cases, with best case being it's a negligible problem.

GFCIs are subject to nuisance trips. As a practical mater, the
electrician is likely to find nothing, and depending on what is
downstream from the GFCI they may spend a lot of time finding nothing.
Seems to me it is entirely reasonable to see if the trip reoccurs.

Bud--

I would agree, but since this was just put in, by that time it'll
cost to pay someone to do it. Since this was apparently just
done, the installer at least needed to be put on notice so he
could fix it later if that's how it turns out.

Besides, apparently it turned out the guy had light/s plugged into
it at the time, so there probably nothing wrong at the gfci anyway
- certainly though, the installer should have told the OP about
that, not just said "they do that".

---