Dan Shulman wrote:

Hi all,

I am having some water infiltration, not sure if it's through the wall or up
from the floor, it is a small amount (a pint at most), and only during the
hardest rains. There is evidence of previous water damage (i.e. mold), but
that seems to be minor. I have heard a lot about various methods of
mitigation, including french drains, installing a sump pump (it's a 1928
house, I think before sumps/floor drains), excavating/reparging,
landscaping, etc. I have consulted with Mid-Atlantic Water proofing (any
comments on them??) I was wondering if people here have experience in this
or thoughts on what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Washington, D.C.

First check all around the outside of the house. Be sure water is being drained
away, or at least not toward a wall. A little well placed dirt may solve the
problem. Other ideas will follow:-))))

LB