CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

SQLit wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
news
Decision time. It's either a redwood deck or a concrete patio. Which one
is less expensive in your part of the USA?

On grade?
30 feet in the air?

In Phoenix on or near on grade is concrete. The maintenance of wood over the
years far out weights the installation cost.

shouldnt all homes have ground area the slopes away from the foundation
and thus not be on grade?

Just wondering as _all_ homes I ever saw in detroit did not have any
slope, but I keep reading that I am supposed to have a slope!?

My new home has a slope, my wife wants concrete/bricks, but with the
slope I think wood would be easier. We have high water table as well.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert