Chris Lewis

According to :
I bought some indoor GFIC outlets from Home Depot and some of them were
way too touchy. They'd trip when plugging in a turned-off appliance.

I'd be suspicious of the appliance.

I'd replace it with another of the same brand and it would work.

Okay, intermittent (or close to marginal) medium resistance hot-case short.

Really.

What's the brand? Perhaps it's a true fly-by-night with poor quality
control, but with HD I doubt it.

OSH carried the same model, so not trying to flame HD. And I didn't
have any ground in those outlets, maybe that makes them more sensitive.

Won't make any difference.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est