Pop

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Pop" wrote in message

Umm, no, they do NOT do that "sometimes" if
everything is installed correctly. Sorry, don't
mean to sound confrontational, but a GFCI tripping
is an indication that something went wrong whether
it was water or whatever that caused it to trip.
They don't "just do that" for no reason. They would
be useless in such a case.

As I pointed out. Sure, there was a reason, but the
conditions may have changed ten minutes later and the
real cause is never found. Excessive moisture across
a plug can do it. That means it is working as it
should.

No, I don't think that's what it means. I think the
contractor's glib response that they'll "do that" is
out of line and indicative that he knew where the water
got in. His response was out of line for a
professional, if the facts are all as stated.

PopS