Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 18 Jun 2005 08:03:43a, Ray wrote in alt.home.repair:

Only real disadvantage is that you can not use them with a dimmer
switch.

Actually, some that I've read about can be used with a dimmer, but I don't
know how well they work. They are also considerably more expensive. I
don't think I'll need them to operate on a dimmer, however, since in
addition to the 6 floodlights, I also have a central decorative suspended
fixture which will be on a dimmer. That will probably suffice for lower
level lighting.

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
Any experience with these?

Our new kitchen will have 6 recessed cans that normally accomodate
standard incandescent floodlight bulbs. For the sake of electrical
consumption and heat output, I'd like to use CF floodlight bulbs, but
have not used them before.

Other advantages? Disadvantages?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/18/2005 9:49:11 PM