Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 18 Jun 2005 04:06:48a, Joseph Meehan wrote in alt.home.repair:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Any experience with these?

Our new kitchen will have 6 recessed cans that normally accomodate
standard incandescent floodlight bulbs. For the sake of electrical
consumption and heat output, I'd like to use CF floodlight bulbs, but
have not used them before.

Other advantages? Disadvantages?

TIA

Good light, but may be a little odd color for food prep. Most offer
good light however. They are not as bad as many of the older lights. I
tend to mix some incandescent along with the cfs in the bath and kitchen.
You might try using all cf and see how you like the color.

Much less energy usage and less heat. Good even light and long life.

In researching them I found that there are a variety of color temperatures
available. This might make a singificant difference.

Thank you...

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/18/2005 9:43:42 PM