Gordon Reeder

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
:

Any experience with these?

Our new kitchen will have 6 recessed cans that normally accomodate
standard incandescent floodlight bulbs. For the sake of electrical
consumption and heat output, I'd like to use CF floodlight bulbs, but
have not used them before.

Other advantages? Disadvantages?

TIA

If you mean the ones that look like flood lights with the
bell shaped housing: Don't bother. The housing serves no
purpose and causes the bulb to retain heat. I had a pair that
didn't last even two years. I replaced them with standard
swirl bulbs and they have been going great for several years.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway