PaPaPeng wrote:
On 18 Jun 2005 08:52:23 -0700, wrote:
Puddin' Man wrote:
They don't meter the water supply here.

Well can you get an old automobile radiator? If the water is
cool enough you can run hoses to the radiator, (inlet at the
bottom, outlet at the top)run water through it and put a
fan behind it to recirculate the air in the room through the
radiator cooling it.

Won't work. The ambient temp of the water and the air will be the
same. The water-fan combo only works because the fan speeds up the
evaporation of water in an open system. Its evaporation that
carries away heat and gives the sensation of being cooler.

True evaporative coolers do not just give the sensation of being
cooler, they actually lower the air temperature. But they are
only effective under conditions of low ambient humidity. What
I'm suggesting is a heat exchanger, not an evaporative cooler.

I don't know where you live but nowhere that I ever lived had
cold tapwater that was 90 degrees F. You do understand he
would only be recirculating the air, not the water, right?

--

FF