Beachcomber

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:05:12 -0700, "Pat"
wrote:

I found that the remote switches do not work either.

Just like regular fluorescents, the CF lamps have a color temperature
and a CRI (Color Rendition Index).

For most kitchens, if you like to see the real color of the raw red
meat you are cooking and make it appealing, you would pick a lower
color temperature lamp (2500-3500 K) which emphasized the red light
and the highest CRI you can find. The same applies to regular linear
fluorescents although, these are easier to get. GE clearly labels one
of their lines "for kitchens and bathrooms".

5000 K daylight lamps are used for photography and are bluish in
color. Generally these would not be appropriate for a kitchen unless
you are going for some unique architectural lighting scheme.

The highest color temperature CF lamps I could find in regular stock
are 6500 K which are extremely blue. I use them outdoors because they
look cool.

Beachcomber