mike hide

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Michael Burton mhburton@tbird-hardwoodsdotcom wrote:

[snipperified for brevity]

Bombing people will do nothing more than strengthen their
determination to fight and swing others who were originally against
fighting to the "for" column. I also noticed the Egyptian Ambassador was
kindnapped and killed in Iraq the other day. It seems the Islamofascists
(to borrow a word) are trying to see if they can **** off the entire

world
at the same time

In a corrupt society, would it be much of a stretch to fan the flames of
a conflict in order to advance one's political agenda, as well as
appeasing the campaign donors especially if they include very large
defense contractors?

Presumably we atre talking about the so called Democratic leadership now
that the press is inferring the war in Iraq is not popular with the general
public.

I really hate to oversimplify the 'who benefits angle' and I have
heard/read way too many conspiracy theories to realize there are a lot
of whackos out there, but with giant oil companies having so much at
stake, I can't help but wonder.

I live in a country where the Prime Minister owns Canada Steamship
Lines. That company moves a LOT of coal (electrical power) grain (food)
iron ore (industry).. how can there NOT be a conflict of interest?

I fail to see that as a problem unless he is giving them sweetheart deals
,and of course you can prove that....

Same thing with Chany/Haliburton, Bush Sr./Carlisle Group and on and
on... Condi Rice has her name on a supertanker..LOL

Same comment as above, in the US if one is serving in the government I was
under the impression that everything was in escrow.On the other hand perhaps
you havea problem with private enterprise

Boggles my beautiful mind. G

Almost as much as this:

Bush went AWOL.

I was under the impression that in the end it was proven that Bush did not
go AWOL.

Cheney never served, nor did Karl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld,
Paul Wolfowitz, John Ashcroft, Richard Pearle, Rush Limbaugh, Bill
O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Newt Gingrich, Condi Rice, John
Bolton, Bill Bennett, Tom DeLay, Jeb Bush, Trent Lott, Ted Nugent and
many more people who have no problem ordering your kids to go and die,
or go on TV and tell the country how great this war is.

You can probably count the number that served in the armed forces in the US
congress on one if not two hands . Some are too young to have been subject
to the draft, women at that time were not drafted and some were serving in
government positions or were deferred because they were working in sensitive
defense contractor positions.

I was cheering the British all the way to The Falklands...so a
'peace-nik' I'm not.

Pity you dont cheer on the Brits and American boys in Iraq , hopefully it
will not take a similar attack on Toronto or Montreal before you do....mjh