D. J.

Leon wrote:
"JuanKnighter" wrote in message

Is a European bandsaw such as a Laguna, really worth twice as much as a
same sized and powered Taiwanese bandsaw?

Sometimes it is and sometimes it is not. Is a Cabinet saw really worth the
extra cost over a bench top TS?
If you are going to be using the Laguna regularly and often, yes, it is
worth the extra cost. If you are going to only use it on weekends it may be
considered more of a luxury tool.

I agree but with a caviat. I was perfectly happy with a good contractor
saw and still feel it was a fine piece of equipment and it did
everything I asked. However, after lurking here quite awhile and
reading Leon's posts, I decided a cabinet saw was in order - I also
determined based on his posts that a left tilt would be preferable for me.

After I had it for just a few weeks, I decided that I probably didn't
need it and found the left tilt awkward as I was used to a right tilt.
Now, a year and half later, I love this saw and love the left tilt and
have come to see it's many advantages. I enjoy it everytime I turn it on.

What does this have to do with a bandsaw - I say go for it if it won't
break the bank. Working with high quality tools is a pleasure in
itself, not just what they can do for you. It hurts the pocket
temporarily but if you can swing it, you have a tool for life that you
will take great pride in owning - long after the money is forgotten.