Big Rob

I recently purchased a Minimax MM16 and have not regretted it for a
second. If you take close look at the Minimax and Laguna, you'll see
that there is a huge difference in quality. If you're going to do
resawing or be using the saw a lot I would definitely go with a
european saw.

I would aslo recommend the Minimax over the Laguna. It has more iron
and is beefier than the Laguna (in my opinion). And the Laguna sales
staff is arrogant and often unhelpful. Minimax has been a pleassure to
deal with.

Leon wrote:
"JuanKnighter" wrote in message
Is a European bandsaw such as a Laguna, really worth twice as much as a
same sized and powered Taiwanese bandsaw?

Sometimes it is and sometimes it is not. Is a Cabinet saw really worth the
extra cost over a bench top TS?
If you are going to be using the Laguna regularly and often, yes, it is
worth the extra cost. If you are going to only use it on weekends it may be
considered more of a luxury tool.