B.B.

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On 7 Jul 2005 15:36:19 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Dave Hinz says...

... at least
it eliminated terrorism in London, right?

That's beneath even you, Jim.

You miss the point - the present administration's
war in iraq does *nothing* to prevent that sort
of thing.

Nothing.

Whatsoever.

At.

All.

Havent flown or traveled by train or bus recently, have you?

Not through Iraq.

Btw..what do you think is the proper way to prevent this sort of
thing?

Diplomacy. We're nice to the Canadians, so they don't try to hurt us.
Call it a wild idea, but I think if we'd stop blowing up people in
the Middle East, stop ****ing with their governments, and stop
threatening them with all kinds of trade sanctions the population at
large would be far less likely to attack us and far more likely to help
us find any actual terrorists that may stick around.

Be specific and use as many bytes as necessary. Ill be taking notes.
And it costs the country billions of dollars while
failing utterly. It's a classic. You have Karl
Rove whining about how liberals
are so awful, and committing treason in the
very next (or was it previous) breath.

Not true. And speaking of treason...how are you Anti-Bush and anti-war
types doing about the terrorists?

Nothing--we can't. The republican nutjobs have pretty much total
control of the US and therefore are the source of all the current
massive ****ups unfolding all of the US and Iraq. Congrats.

Let's all go and find some nail clippers in the
carryon baggage and then pat ourselves on the
back that we've eliminated terrorism.

Only the touchy feely Leftists would consider there to be anything
resembling "safety" in any place outside of a police state.

Get used to the idea that people are going to get killed--has
happened ever since the beginning of history, and probably since far
before that. Traditionally, the easiest way to keep yourself from
getting killed is to just make friends with everyone around you. Easy
and cheap and comes with a lot of fringe benefits.
OTOH, beating down everyone who might become a threat has never
worked for long. Eventually people get tired of it and fight back.
Even those who don't want to fight against you also won't want to help.
Terrorism breeds pretty quickly in that sort of environment. In the
end, people get killed anyway, the only difference is that their lives
sucked before they died in a police state.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/