Ken Sterling

I just bought an old Wards concrete mixer, probably around 5 or 6 cu. ft.,
heavy metal construction, everything is there and it turns. BUT...when the
barrel turns it squeals a lot. I have added grease through a zerk but no
help, I tried to take what looks like a cap on the inside of the drum from
the shaft but it doesn't seem to want to come off. I tried prying and using
a slide hammer but no luck. I put some Kroyl on it a few min. ago and will
try the slide hammer again in a little while. Do any of you fine people know
exactly how this thing is supposed to come apart? I'm pretty sure that I am
doing it right, I expect to pull the cap off and find a nut that holds the
drum onto the shaft. Am I missing anything?

Thanks
Mike

--
N 32° 20.837’
W111° 00.583’

Hard to tell without seeing both the inside and outside, but the cap
is probably part of the shaft and is probably welded to the inside of
the drum, shaft sticking out the back with either a pulley or sprocket
mounted on the shaft with a keyway/setscrews/drivepin/shearbolt for
attachment. Probably have to remove the pulley/sprocket from the end
of the shaft then slide the barrel/drum with the shaft out of the
bushing it rides in.
HTH
Ken.