jim rozen

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

...it became readily obvious to me that any kind of hand
work was a mistake, particularly when close tolerance was involved. What
I found was that surfaces were rarely, if ever, a constant diameter, nor
were they round, regardless of grandiose claims by many, including those
with considerable experience.

LOL. I think you have to be of the "start your apprenticeship
with a cubic foot of cast iron and a file, by the time you
have reduced it to the size of a tennis ball the old-school
master will approve your project" sort of outlook.

Once somebody's gone through that drill they do seem to think
they're superman with a file. What they do with a centerless
grinder after that is open to evaluation though.

Jim

please reply to: