Swingman

"Upscale" wrote
"Swingman" wrote in message
However, after installation, the top of the drawer slides _are_ square

the cabinet front with that same engineers square, and the overlay

drawer
fronts are flush with the cabinet all the way round.

Any chance there's allowance somewhere for screws to pull them into place?

I don't think that's the case, as the screw holes in the slide are fully
accessible when the slide is mounted in the jig ... and one thing us anal
retentive's are always on the lookout for is that telltale movement from an
off-center mounting screw, be it drawer slide or hinge.

I really don't have a dog in the fight, not going to argue with the OP, or
lose any sleep over whether the jig is poorly designed/made by Kreg, but I
just happened to remember the thread as I was finishing up that cabinet
today and decided to throw in my current experience/observation with the jig
in question, FWIW.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05