Rich

Check that you have enough of an air volume in the tank. This time of year
you can look at the sweat on the outside of the tank to tell you the level
of water in the tank. The tank should have enough air in the tank to
compress as the pump runs to build up some cushion effect. The caps going
out is not normal so it is either cycling so often that the caps can't cool
down and basicly melt themselves or their undersized for the pump or the
wiring is too small which increases voltage drop.

Good luck, Rich

"SMC" wrote in message

We have a submersible well pump that we use for irrigation only. It was
installed about 2 years ago. We have already had to replace the
capacitors twice due to them busting and the liquid coming out.

Currently we are having an issue with the pump cycling on and off.

a. Does anyone know why the capacitors would be failing?

b. Does anyone know why the pump would be cycling on and off, could it

be the pressure switch?

--
SMC