Doug White

I think the final answer is a 2-1/2 gallon pressure paint tank from
Harbor Freight because:

1) It has a good size opening
2) Can take the pressure (80psi)
3) Affordable ($80 US)
4) AND they have a store a one mile away from my house

The traditional approach is to take a 16" surplus naval shell and make it
into a pressure vessel. Doc Edgerton used one to develop all the
underwater cameras for Cousteau. He got a good deal on the shells after
WWII and his company then sold them for others to use. They have an 8"
left hand threaded plug in the back end, and will handle pressures as
high as the ocean can deliver. I used his setup for my thesis work on
underwater radio.

Doug White