Ken Weitzel

NSM wrote:
"spongehead" wrote in message
oups.com...

These are some great ideas. I looked online for centifugal clutches
and they are cheap enough. I think that and a sprocket with chain is
the easiest and cheapest way to go. I have a dump nearby and theres
always lawnmowers and angle iron in there.
The hard part is getting the frame pieces and putting it together
without a welder.

Sign up for a welding class at your local tech college / high school and
make this your project.

Hi...

See if you can't find one that you can talk into letting the
youngster attend in some capacity with you.

Might have to sign a terrible terrible lot of waivers; but
keep it a father/son project from start to finish. Great
bonding experience. Will make for some mighty wonderful
memories for both of you as you get long in the tooth (like
me

Might even be able to contribute a little extra for materials
and have your welding done as part of the class ?

Take care.

Ken