CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:57:35 -0400, "MC" wrote:

My ex had someone grading around her yard, they guy hit her well head with
his bucket and he tried to seal a crack or something with some roofing
cement/tar ?

Anyway she said was getting black stuff out her taps and greasy feeling
water.

After describing the ordeal sound like could not have been very much was
used , but was wondering how this will affect the well ?

Can this small amount ever be cleaned out, and chemical I could use to
better disolve and pump out the well a few times ?

I think is also on the hot water tank, can it just be drained ?

What about pipes in the house, would ever be able to flush out if run a lot
of clean water through?

Or is she screwed ?

Thanks for any help.

If ai ever heard a legitimate case for a lawsuit, this is one. First
the idiot slams into the well with a piece of heavy equipment. Cracks
the well casing, which at that point is probably $1000 to $2000 damage
to replace, because roofing tar is NOT going to keep groundwater from
seeping into the well, and the well will be contaminated with surface
water and surface bacteria, etc. Then the idiot tries to solve the
problem with a $5 worth of roofing cement, and spills it in the well,
which then contaminates the entire well.with a toxic substance. Now
the damages require complete well replacement, along with possibly the
entire plumbing system, how water tank, etc. So instead of paying to
repair the well, this idiot costs the homeowner anywhere from $15,000
up to possibly as much as $50,000 to replace the entire well, pump,
and plumbing system.

Don't drink that water, start buying bottled water and save the
receipts. Then Call a Lawyer !!!

Mark

Damn

I was just considering environmental pollution the other day. My home
has the coating of tar around the basement as usual. This tar is
leaking into the foundation drains. Also the sand that coming into
foundation drain from one side of the house is black and I assume its
from tar as well.

this is spitting out black water into backyard where the sump exits, if
i disturb the sand in the pipes. Even when I dont, I still know this is
contaminating the ground water slowly. And then consider how many
houses have tar as waterproofing. Sad.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert