MC

Default Roofing cement spilled in well

My ex had someone grading around her yard, they guy hit her well head with
his bucket and he tried to seal a crack or something with some roofing
cement/tar ?

Anyway she said was getting black stuff out her taps and greasy feeling
water.

After describing the ordeal sound like could not have been very much was
used , but was wondering how this will affect the well ?

Can this small amount ever be cleaned out, and chemical I could use to
better disolve and pump out the well a few times ?

I think is also on the hot water tank, can it just be drained ?

What about pipes in the house, would ever be able to flush out if run a lot
of clean water through?

Or is she screwed ?

Thanks for any help.

Before reading my answer understand that I have little clue.

I would not think that roofing cement (either the plastic/gray kind or
the asphaltic/black kind) would dissolve in water. My experience is
that especially when cooled, as it would be in water at the bottom of a
well, the stuff sort of stays in its pasty form. Sounds more like used
motor oil.

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:57:35 -0400, "MC" wrote:

My ex had someone grading around her yard, they guy hit her well head with
his bucket and he tried to seal a crack or something with some roofing
cement/tar ?

Anyway she said was getting black stuff out her taps and greasy feeling
water.

After describing the ordeal sound like could not have been very much was
used , but was wondering how this will affect the well ?

Can this small amount ever be cleaned out, and chemical I could use to
better disolve and pump out the well a few times ?

I think is also on the hot water tank, can it just be drained ?

What about pipes in the house, would ever be able to flush out if run a lot
of clean water through?

Or is she screwed ?

Thanks for any help.

If ai ever heard a legitimate case for a lawsuit, this is one. First
the idiot slams into the well with a piece of heavy equipment. Cracks
the well casing, which at that point is probably $1000 to $2000 damage
to replace, because roofing tar is NOT going to keep groundwater from
seeping into the well, and the well will be contaminated with surface
water and surface bacteria, etc. Then the idiot tries to solve the
problem with a $5 worth of roofing cement, and spills it in the well,
which then contaminates the entire well.with a toxic substance. Now
the damages require complete well replacement, along with possibly the
entire plumbing system, how water tank, etc. So instead of paying to
repair the well, this idiot costs the homeowner anywhere from $15,000
up to possibly as much as $50,000 to replace the entire well, pump,
and plumbing system.

Don't drink that water, start buying bottled water and save the
receipts. Then Call a Lawyer !!!

Mark

Damn

I was just considering environmental pollution the other day. My home
has the coating of tar around the basement as usual. This tar is
leaking into the foundation drains. Also the sand that coming into
foundation drain from one side of the house is black and I assume its
from tar as well.

this is spitting out black water into backyard where the sump exits, if
i disturb the sand in the pipes. Even when I dont, I still know this is
contaminating the ground water slowly. And then consider how many
houses have tar as waterproofing. Sad.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
MC

I got more of an idea what happened, Looks like maybe a vent pipe got broke
off and the casing was not damaged as thought. Tried to use this stuff to
seal the vent pipe back in place ?

Anyway, The EX just had the county come out and get her hooked up to the
count water line, but had to run a pipe 800 feet to the house. Tap fee was
1900.00 and not sure how much for the cost of installing the pipe and
hooking up but she is ****ed.

Also she was saying that she was told may have to rip out all the plumbing
and replace ? (All copper)

She use to be the kind of person that would sue just looking at her wrong
(Daddy left her a wad of money, Rich B___H)
However I think a freind of a friend was doing the grading work for free so
she does not really want to go after him, anyway she can afford it.

I just try to keep her happy for a few more years until not obligated to
here anymore so when she asks me for help with these kind of issues I try
and help out, She has a much higher paid lawyer than I could ever afford !

Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 03:47 AM
how to integrate fiber cement with wood siding? [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 31st 05 12:44 PM
asbestos cement roofing ron UK diy 1 October 26th 04 10:48 PM
contact cement question Mike in Mystic Woodworking 16 November 6th 03 07:31 PM
Rolled Roofing Blowing Off Manufactured Home, Repair Expensive? AJ Home Ownership 5 July 9th 03 01:12 AM