Guess who

On 5 Jul 2005 20:28:49 -0700, "Roamdog"
wrote:

Assuming that you mean distance from edge to opposite edge, and not
diagonal, the distance across one edge would be 2 3/16", not 1".
OK. I had my measurements wrong. I have some flexibility on size. It is important that each piece be "exactly" the same and a bit less important whether the edge is 1, 1.75 or 2. After re-thinking, I probably need each edge to be 2 inches.

OK, I'll apologise for thinking it was another troll, but it wasn't a
large jump considering the content of what are trolls.

Here's the little I know about woodworking: Making a 'round' topped
toy-box/cedar chest a while back, each strip had to be the same
[precise] length, width over that length, and cut of angle to go
together to form the top. That's the theory. In practice, I could
not simply set the saw and cut all off in one go, but had to cut each
one individually, "fiddling" to get it right [not your usual
bang-it-together and that will do type of project.] You simply will
not cut a mess of hexagons, that is 34 times 6 = 204 cuts, each
*precisely* the same without a lot of concentrated effort, and some
waste, and that is serious time and money. You again use the word
"exactly", and it is not going to happen. However, anything can be
done if you consider time, waste, and cost, so happy hunting.