Roamdog

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: "Morris Dovey" - Find messages by this author

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 03:19:50 -0500
Subject: How to find a local supplier for wooden hexagons

(in
ps.com) said:

| I am looking for a source from which to purchase bulk wood hexagons
| cut from 3/4-inch MDF that are 3.5 inches across (which I think
| means that each side must be one (1) inch. I need these parts to
| be extremely precise so I cannot just take my jigsaw and cut them
| by hand. I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a
| tool/accessory that some woodworkers have that allows them to cut
| exact duplicate shapes from 4X8 sheets ??

How precise?

Seamless?? 1/32. Each piece is going to be painted and then 34 pieces
will be put together to form a whole picture. Kinda like a jigsaw
puzzle excpet not exactly as the pieces will not interlock. So they
must fit together seamlessly.

| What should I ask potential suppliers that will allow me to pick the
| supplier that can produce the most precise pieces at the lowest
| cost ??

How much?

Well, yes. I actually got that one myself. What else should I
ask??

| I am in Des Moines and think that a local supplier would be best
| (if I can find one) due to shipping costs but am open to other
| nearby areas if I cannot find someone local .

Is I-80 exit 110 (DeSoto) 16 miles west of Des Moine sufficiently
local? If so, you're invited to stop by.

Absolutely. Anywhere within an hour's drive is definitely in the zone.