Leon

"Guess who" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:46:21 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

That's why I said, "Assuming that you mean distance from edge to
opposite edge", rather than "diagonal."

The measurement could be determined in two ways.
If the hexagon has to fit inside of a 3.5" diameter circle the widest part
of the hexagon would be measured from opposite points at the end of opposite
sides. That distance being 3.5" and a result of the 6 sides each being
1.75" long.
If the hexagon has to fit outside of a 3.5" circle the narrowest part of the
hexagon would be the 3.5" measurement between opposite sides and would
result in the 6 sides being 2" long.

None the less, I an buffaloed as to how you came up with your numbers.
Which edge are you talking about. My 2 answers came from measuring the
length of each resulting side whether the hexagon fits inside or outside of
a 3.5" diameter circle. I am genuinely interested in how you are picturing
the measurement to come up with a side being 2-3/16".