George

"Martin Rost" rostmartin @ hot mail . com wrote in message

I'll be eating the Cornish equivalent today - pasties. Church used to

do
an annual sale for which I made, every year, dough cutters, rolling pins

and
pasty lifters (sort of a long turner) to get them off the hot trays into

the
bags. All of which seemed to disappear every year in spite of the fact

that
the women were familiar with the seventh commandment.

Few of them should have been more familiar with the sixth....

George,
I admit I had to look them up, but maybe you meant eighth and seventh
(stealing and adultery) not seventh and sixth (adultery and murder), or do
different denominations number them differently?
Martin

Obviously I didn't look them up, but it's been a while since catechism.

The division and ordering of the commandments in use in the Catholic Church
is that adopted by St. Augustine (Quæstiones in Exodum, q. 71). That which
is commonly in vogue amongst Protestants seems to have Origen for its
sponsor.

Comes from four years in South Bend, I guess.