Guess who

On 4 Jul 2005 21:47:27 -0700, wrote:

I am looking for a source from which to purchase bulk wood hexagons cut
from 3/4-inch MDF that are 3.5 inches across (which I think means that
each side must be one (1) inch. I need these parts to be extremely
precise so I cannot just take my jigsaw and cut them by hand.

This is likely another troll. However, I'll bite:

1. Precision is a measure. HOW precise?
2. No woodworking tool can cut *exact* measurements, especially by
repetition. Also, MDF is essentially a paper product, so you will get
"tear" even if you have to use a microscope to see it; far moreso than
with a machined metal surface.
3. Again, precision is relative. You can be out 1/4" if measuring
over a mile, but would want much less absolute error in such small
pieces.
4. What purpose? It would help in order to suggest possible
variations.

P.S. Don't use "wood" and "MDF" in the same sentence.

Back to the "purpose": Since you do not know the measure of the
"side" [edge], what purpose is it needed for with such "precision"?
Assuming that you mean distance from edge to opposite edge, and not
diagonal, the distance across one edge would be 2 3/16", not 1".