Ralph

Arch wrote:
Well since we are getting down & greasy and into gourmet cuisine, forget
the don'ts of turning. What about cheese grits, red eye gravy, hoecake
cornbread, sorghum and buttermilk for the befores? Then a main course of
crackling bread, sweet taters, hog's head souse, clabber and home brew,
vintage 2005 1/2. Perhaps you'd like to share your regional gourmet
specialities?

You can take the boy out of the country, but not the country out of the
boy etc., but no matter how great for losing weight, the above food is
mostly for talking. When I left home, I learned that steak & potatoes
are for eating. Belch!

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

OK Arch I'll give it a try. The dishes will be spelled/misspelled
phonetically since I've lost 98% of the Ukrainian Language.
Holopsy(cabbage rolls); Nelesniki(crapes with cheese and cream);
Pereshke(cheese bun in cream); Boiled chicken(in cream);
Natchingka(Oatmeal baked with fat) Borscht(with cream); Boiled wheat and
Honey; Beets with mushrooms and Garlic; Baked Beans with lard and
garlic. Eggs fried in cream; Studinats (headcheese from pig hocks and
other pork delicacies with lots of garlic). Top this of with garlic
where ever you can. The funny thing is that I also became a beef and
potatoes person when I left home although it is nice to go back home and
partake in some of the traditional dishes now and then.