Edwin Pawlowski

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Prometheus" wrote in message
She can only ride in the van, but my mother still uses the
handicapped spots in her Taurus, without a handicapped person in sight
just because she has the plates.

That's different from up here in Canada. Parking permits for the disabled
are assigned to the person, not the vehicle. I can use the permit when I'm
travelling around as a passenger with someone who is able bodied or when
I'm
driving a vehicle with hand controls.

Here it CT, you get the permit as an individual. Only then can you apply for
plates for the car. Both our cars are in both our names so I'm not going
to do that but I'm not going to do that even if I can. . The placard is
signed by my wife so if I was to be challenged because I used it, there
would be a hefty fine. I can walk pretty far to avoid spending $200+

There are strict rules on how to qualify, but I'm sure there are abuses if a
doctor will sign off. There are temporary tags for injuries that will heal
such as the broken leg. .
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/