George

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just last year my mother taught me how to make perfect Ukranian
perrogies, fried up with butter and onions (fat free; yeah, right!).
My favorite brew is a local, Yuengling Lager or water.

Now there's a job for a good rolling pin - pirohi (Ukrainian uses the "H"
sound versus the "G") dough. Tough stuff. Matter of fact, that's what I
usually have to do to bargain for home made, offer to roll the dough. Good
turning project to make the cutter, too.

I'll be eating the Cornish equivalent today - pasties. Church used to do
an annual sale for which I made, every year, dough cutters, rolling pins and
pasty lifters (sort of a long turner) to get them off the hot trays into the
bags. All of which seemed to disappear every year in spite of the fact that
the women were familiar with the seventh commandment.

Few of them should have been more familiar with the sixth....