Upscale

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
under our requirements for such accomodations, I have found that the "big
hammer solves all problems" approach of government fist is not always the
best approach to solving problems.

A response to this. The lack of government fist has allowed many (most)
businesses to dismiss the idea of spending money for disabled access. It
might seem like it's good business to enable access for the disabled, but
the reality of the situation is a direct contradiction to this idea.

In Ontario, one recent former premier (Mike Harris(may he rot in Hell))
enabled an ODA (Ontarians with Disabilities Act) that had absolutely no
teeth when it came to mandating accessibility for the disabled. His belief
was that business would do the right thing if their own accord. (What a pile
of crap!) The current premier (Dalton McGuinty) is mulling over an ODA with
substantially more clout, but it's an ongoing process. That's provincially.
There is nothing on the horizon that I've ever heard for a National
disabilities act for Canada.