Leon

"David" wrote in message

You must have been wearing your lucky charm.

I think that Kreg should have the handle stick UP when it's locked because
that's when you'll be leaning towards it with drill in hand.

That does not seem unreasonable and while we ar wishing. Why not make it
auto adjusting like a pair of ViceGrips. I hate having to readjust the
plunger if the thickness of a plywood panel varies a bit.

I'm still unhappy with them for making a bunch of the drawer slide
alignment tools not quite 90 degrees between the front plate and the slide
holder. They said they had gotten a bunch of complaints all of a sudden on
them. They sent me a new one which is exactly like the one I got at the
local WW show. I fiddled with it for quite some time. I ended up putting
progressively thicker layers of 3M blue tape on the horizontal member to
elevate the rear of the slides so they wouldn't droop so much. They never
called me back with a resolution. I wasted my money on that tool and the
drawer holders which also aren't made accurately.

You know I never have had a problem installing slides. I always lay the
draw side of the slide on the work bench and attach it to the bottom side of
the drawer and always lay the cabinet side of the slide on top of the face
frame opening. I cut plywood spacers to stack on top of the bottom slide on
the back end to keep sides parallel.

Except for the lack of versatility on stock thickness, I don't have an
issues with the K2000. the K3 looks like it incorporates some good ideas,
esp. DC. Drilling makes a mountain of a mess on and under my bench.

I have been using the K2 aluminum jig for a long time but it only works for
centering in 3/4" stock.