HMFIC-1369

not knowing your table........I'd say it was the mounting plate not
flush..............

"Brian" wrote in message
. ..
A little help, please. I have a Crapsman router ( I know, but it wwas a

gift
{honest}. I have used it for a couple of years. Now, when I start a piece
through the table and into the bit, it cuts fine for a couple of inches

and
then slides down below table height. I have even tightened the set screw
handle with a pair of pliers and it still does not stay in place. Does the
band enlarge after so many loosening and tightenings? Does the collet

become
loose? What could it be? I am a pure amatuer wood butcher, but this has

just
recently been happening. I know it is probably something stupid I am
overlooking.
TIA for you help (and even your ridicule, for those so inclined)
Brian