David

Upscale wrote:

"David" wrote in message

I don't like the stock clamp jutting out at me, Leon. did you notice

that?

Yes. That would be a problem for me considering I'd be operating the jig
from a sitting position. I think it would have been better to have designed
the jig so that it locks by pulling the handle down 90° with the handle in
locked position pointing down to the floor.

You can bet they didn't use a focus group to comment on the design
before it went into production. I see the same sort of shortsightedness
of design from other small woodworking tool companies. I'm sure they
turn a profit and laugh all the way to the bank, but it would be nice if
they showed off their latest creation to a 3rd party for comments and
suggestions before putting the item "out there".

Even LV has produced some poor designs and I have no idea who they show
their new tools to before production. Luckily for us, they make plenty
of super nice tools to more than make up for the occasional clunker.
Wouldn't it be nice though, if everyone who bought last year's honing
guide got a credit towards the purchase of the MKII?

Dave