World Traveler

"Leon" wrote in message
[snip]

Which bets the question, what is a mobility impaired person doing shopping
in a huge Borg building. Perhaps they should be allowed to drive through.
I never could understand handicap parking in front of Large stores. The
walk from the parking lot to the store is no where near the walk ahead of
them once they get inside.

Think about the issue a little more. Suppose my mobility impaired spouse
needed a plumbing repair item or I wanted her opinion on a lighting fixture
or paint color. Are you suggesting HD shouldn't let her in the store?!?

Hats off to our local BORG -- Our HD has electric carts for those that need
them, and at least one person on the sales staff uses a powered wheelchair.
HD is very good about providing services to handicapped customers, and also
very good at hiring staff with special needs as well. In fact, I think the
corporation has a special program and an arrangement with Goodwill to either
use or provide training and experience for persons (such as with Downs
Syndrome) who might otherwise be unemployable.

Regards --